Thursday, January 8, 2009

She gets it from me.

I believe she gets this from me. But then again, i have to admit she has her own sense of style.  The blouse above is in fact a size 1-2 year old dress from Cinnamon Girl. She actually wore it as a dress at a wedding in Napa Valley when she wasn't one yet. (photo below taken May 4, 2004)
When she put this dress on last week she said, "Look mom, i made my dress into a shirt!" Okay, not bad,  a little tight, but she believed that she looked great! 
To understand this . . . I've always wanted a girl. Given we have 2 boys, stuck with jeans and shorts, no hair pins, no pink, and no dolls. So when Jadeline came along, I told myself she would wear dresses, I could dress her in pink (she loves pink and purple), I could brush and braid her hair, and we could craft and create together. She can be high maintenance - because i did that to myself. Bobby reminds me all the time, "You wanted a girl, there you go. She's a real life doll!" So now I have a daughter who dreads wearing jeans, who can live in dresses and tights every single day, who can't live without a headband in her hair, and when her mother insists that she must wear jeans - Jadeline has that crazy fashion sense to put a dress on over her jeans!
*Note: You must wonder why i have her 1 year old dress hanging in her closet? She gets a cinnamon girl dress every year. I've bought them or its passed down from her cousin Kimi. I plan to do  a little project with them.. just haven't got around to working on that quite yet.

No comments: