Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Chantix


Go figure when you have a husband who smokes. You'd think I'd be able to have him quit long time ago when I work with patients with lung problems due to smoking. It doesn't matter how much you can tell anyone to 'just quit', that its not good for your health, that he should quit for his children and I, and I personally refuse to drag an oxygen tank around when we get older. Because I know better. Its a habit and addiction that he had to choose to do by himself. All I can do is support his decision.

I'm not sure if he just woke up one day and decided to quit. Well you know how that can go. And i simply said, if he was serious about this, he had to call his doctor and set up an appointment. That big day was on 1/14 - just last week. That same day we picked up his prescription for Chantix - can you believe we had no copay!! 

So far he is doing very well. On this drug, he can continue to smoke. We also bought a pack of cigarettes that day - which was the last time he has bought a pack. Its working amazingly great - so far.  . . .  
How has it been for the family? Bobby smells so much better. There was a time when we got lost looking for a restaurant to meet friends. We both were frustrated, and you have no idea how much i bit on my tongue to prevent me from saying, "just smoke a cigarette already!!!" The thought was there, but are you crazy, i didn't say it! 

No comments: