Saturday, January 24, 2009

Living our Saturday

Finished reading the Last Lecture. And it will be one of my favorite books that I've read. (I'm giggling because I don't read many books so I don't have many to choose from.) Anyhow, i'm glad that I read it before watching the actual lecture. It was beyond inspiring and admiring.

So our Saturday was quite productive. Ashton had a game today, and it was one of his better games. 43-40 and he scored 13 points in which 2 points tied the game, 2 points gave his team the lead, and his final free throw gave his team a solid win.  It was a sweeter game, having Bobby coach his team, while I was the official score keeper. Lately, its been one of my responsibilities during game day. Luckily, Jadeline has made some friends who are preoccupied with girl stuff. 

On Saturdays, Bobby finishes the laundry (yes, I have nothing to do with laundry - remember the set of clothes i messed up? ). He also took 6 bags of cans/bottles to recycle. I would have normally given the bags to the boy scouts  to donate, but they didn't come around. Bobby has more patience to take the time to recycle them at WinCo's - i just find it dirty.  

And you know what i saw today that almost made me cry? Snow! It began to snow in PDX, thank goodness it did not stick.  And by the way, that moment of almost crying was not out of happiness. More about sadness that we could go thru that snow storm again. Ahem, and its because we just picked up the Rav4. That car repair was a lot $$$$$ .... $$$ that was not in the budget.  Yet, its nice to have a husband who knows how to take that stress out of me.  When I saw snow, he saw sadness and stress in my face. But he also saw Krispy Kreme's which he knew would make me forget that snow... He was right.

No comments: