Sunday, November 9, 2008

a week off

Went to the Aveda Institute to put some color in my hair. This picture doesn't serve any justice! I really do have color in my hair. Did get it trimmed as well. For a haircut and highlights - $40. Not bad to have students work on your hair.
Dropped by Krispy Kremes. I think about once a month, we get out to treat ourselves to some type of 'dessert'. I love the custard filled doughnut!!

Went to pottery barn kids to get some ideas for christmas - that is decoration and stuff. Trying to figure out what color we'lll use to decorate our tree. We're thinking silver and baby blue, but Jade wants pink and silver.

Since I'm off for a week, I'm trying to do more cooking for the family. I was inspired by my brother in law who made banana and mac nut pancakes one morning. Well, so i had no bananas and no mac nuts. So i settled for strawberries.

Our dinner menu:
Saturday: chicken and bak choy soup
Sunday: spaghetti
Monday: pork and squash
Tuesday: baked crispy chicken
Wednesday: curry


2 comments:

Marie said...

mmmm...your menu sounds good, especially your baked chicken! I cooked it this past Thursday and the kids gave it an official name..."auntie jeannie's chicken"! So...for the past couple of nights for dinner, dedric would always ask for "auntie jeannie's chicken"

Loy said...

sounds like a great week off! We need that every once in a while, a stay home week off to do the things at home and with family that we don't have time for on the weekends. Okay, so now I am curious about your crispy baked chicken...is it hard to make?