Sunday, November 23, 2008

November .. lots of pictures


Wow, its been a week since i've posted something. I try to keep up and tell myself, blog something and then i put it off. Grr.. sometimes work can get in the way. Go figure - i work just 3 nights a week; really thats just 12 nights in a month!! But i can get so preoccupied and actually be productive! Take a look:


This is an exception . . and something about me. I really don't like laundry. (And thank goodness I have a husband who is very willing to keep this as his chore.) Anyhow, when he asked me to throw the clothes in the dryer when he went to work, i thought, "sure, i can do that." Easy enough right? Well, I don't have the habit of checking pockets - all he asked was to throw it in the dryer! And i thought i was being considerate to at least fold the clothes when it was done. But to my surprise, when i opened the dryer was a pen - my black pen - the pen that i used at work which i thought.. auggh, it was in my scrub pocket!! A black pen leaving black stains on all our clothes.! what a waste! I'm told to leave the clothes alone from now on. ;)

Blanket/quilt #2 done!!


Momi! isn't she so cute??

Jade coming home from school! Back to all the rain!!

Hunter.. is it normal that he finds his kennel comfortable?

Remember that post about  waiting for Jade's tooth to come out? Check her out!! The tooth fairy made it to Jade's room on 11/21. Jade says, "But how do i brush my teeth? i don't have a tooth!" Cute huh? And by the way, I'm not sure what the going rate is for the tooth fairy. But I was stuck with a $5 bill and a $20 bill in my wallet. The tooth fairy left her $5. ;)

Yes, went to Goodwill to donate/purge a few things. That meant i was cleaning - my craft area, closet, and Jade's room. I make it a point to clean out Jade's room before Santa comes to visit in December.

Did you know that I love salmon? and i mean love salmon! Everytime i go to a restaurant, i have to try their salmon. I've had it grilled, had it on pasta, had it with mash potatoes, had it in sushi, had it broiled, seasoned in many different ways, and i've also had an eggs benedict with smoked salmon which is really good. Well, this weekend, Bobby hanged out with his friends in Port Orford for hunting and fishing!! His friend Justin, got a buck, but they also went fishing and got a whole lot of chinook salmon!! The above picture is just one fillet of 3 that Bobby came home with tonight!!! Do you how many times I can make a salmon dinner with what he brought home - it was 3 huge pieces of fillet!!  9 times!!  yummy!! Besides desserts, Bobby sure knows  his way into my heart!

Here's my little treasure i found on craigslist for $20!! It now holds my scrapbook albums and now holds our couch blankets! 

This is a quilt I'm making for my niece upon request for Christmas. I  thought I'd have it done tonight or at least this weekend. Hence the reason I'm blogging right now. This is what i get for miscalculating my binding (see below - see the safetypin??). I'm short just 8inches of fabric !! Now I have to hunt for that fabric!! Can't believe that!!

1 comment:

Marie said...

Cute pictures of Jade and the dogs!! I totally understand about the laundry, its a good thing Dwight doesn't mind doing it. He did about 4-5 loads yesterday. :)