Saturday, November 1, 2008

Family Time

We headed to the coast today - to have some family time out of this Portland rain! Normally when its cold and wet here in town, ironically - the coast is beautiful and warm. I was actually hot because i layered so much! (jeans/tights/tank top/ tshirt and jacket). Crazy huh? And wouldn't you know it, it was really warm and actually sunny. We went to our favorite restaurant there - MO's. I love the fried oyster burgers!! And its only good when you're out there. Its just not the same anywhere else.

Driving to the coast reminds a lot of what my parents and i did when i was little. We would drive around the island of Oahu - site see, and just enjoy the day. I grew up realizing that it was something you're suppose to do - it was normal. So we're doing the same - not just around Oregon. More like drive to the coast, enjoy site seeing other towns, seeing deer on the road, admiring all the trees change color. Thats what i see for a moment until i fall asleep - it never fails. I just can't seem to keep my eyes open long enough.

** no pictures - decided to enjoy the moment and leave the clicking of the camera in my bag.**

1 comment:

Marie said...

Sounds like a relaxing trip, would have loved to see pic of the coast! He burned the nachos by using the toaster oven, which he had to trash--it's totally useless now!