Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

I married him just 2 1/2 months after I met him. It's  7 1/2 years later and I am thankful to still be in love with Bobby.  And there's so many reasons to . . . 
  • Bobby knows when I need a cup of coffee in the morning or something sweet after dinner.
  • He still lets me fall asleep in his arms while I snore.
  • He knows how to comfort me when I'm angry.
  • Bobby knows me enough to get me something to eat when I'm stressed.
  • He is absolutely supportive that I don't do laundry.
  • He will take a detour home for 10 minutes to watch me dance hip hop.
  • Bobby lets me sleep in while he gets the kids up for breakfast and gets them to school.
  • He spoils me with out of the ordinary things - oakley shades (remember when he said this would be his version of tinting the car), a twix peanut butter bar, or a Starbucks card.
  • He accepts that I love COACH - that sometimes one bag is not enough. ;)
  • Bobby will often finish my train of thought.
  • He knows that I move like a turtle in the morning.
  • He still can make me laugh with his facial expressions.
  • Bobby can seriously sing a romantic song for me... and minutes later have me cracking up while he sings, "Encarnacion" from Nacho Libre.
  • He volunteers to coach a group of 13 and 14 year olds to play in a basketball league.
  • He will do his best in putting his daughters hair into a bun for ballet while I'm at a respiratory conference.
Habits someone else may think is not enough for them. But habits that only 7 1/2 years can build which i can only love today.  "Happy Valentine's Honey!!"

No comments: