Tuesday, February 17, 2009

24hour Fitness

Our happy place these days has been @ the gym. It feels like an obsession! If Bobby and I are not working, we have the 'need' to be at the gym. For instance, we thought we'd take a break on Valentine's day, but @ 9:30pm, it felt like we were obligated to go and we did!

It's an incredible feeling - a natural high. We walk into the gym, we both work on cardio, and walk in separate directions to complete our workout on various equipments and weights. 

What's much more admiring is seeing a whole variety of people there who are determined to stay healthy or perhaps have the same feeling as I do in simply feeling great after a workout. Its even better to see several individuals who are probably 5x my size work out  with their trainer - with expressions on their face that they are exhausted or defeated; but still come back the next day to complete their session all over again.  That is very admiring!

You'll never see me in public running a marathon, or cycling hills on my bike. But you'll sure find me at the gym.

No comments: