Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Night OWL

I was born a night owl at exactly 9:37pm. My mother says she was able to get all her chores done because I slept all day long.... BUT then I would be awake all night (which meant mom didn't get her normal sleep hours). I gave birth to my children at night. I am most productive at night - crafting, cleaning, reading. While the world and my family sleeps, I am awake. I work 12 hour shifts from 6:00pm - 7:00am - i find that very normal. If Jadeline has an accident in her bed - i know exactly what to do (Wash her up, wash her sheets, clean the mattress, get her dressed, and have her climb into our bed) without missing a step. I can have 12 patients to see at work - and have the greatest bedside manners, give them the care they need, and can memorize how they are when I pass on report. BUT if this was all done during the normal hours of the day, I have to think really hard what I need to do, make myself a list, and need a whole lot of coffee to stay awake. This is my life. My family finds this normal. . .  and luckily its like this 3-4 times a week when I have to turn myself around and be normal. Are you a night owl???

No comments: