Wednesday, December 10, 2008

decorations around the house..

Christmas cards are made, signed, and are at the post office! Phew! Every year i tell myself to buy the ready made ones but every year, just can't seem to do that. I think I stress myself out.

Jadeline is all about the Nutcracker this year. Given her recital on 12/20 is on the Nutcracker. But it reminds me a lot of my mother. Growing up, i remember how fond she was of the Nutcracker. I couldn't help but to give that joy to Jadeline.

The stockings are hung! Love, love this part of Christmas. Something I didn't have growing up in Hawaii. Go figure.

Came across this from other bloggers. Clever way to use up last years ornaments. Love that I can use the ceiling to add Christmas decorations.

If you have ever been to our house, there's this small window in what we call the dining room. Its hard to even call it a window when I have to step on a chair to look out. Its odd. I don't understand why its even there. But this year, found these decorations at Joanns for 90% off - can't go wrong with that - it fit perfectly!

The advent calendar. A lot of people have them - just never understood it. A lot of people make an advent calendar - and place treats for each day, hmm... its just not my thing to make one. Yet i thought i  shouldn't deny the children just because i haven't educated myself right? I don't know why i never started this. Its so much fun. Every morning the first thing that Jadeline does is head to this calendar, find the date and pull out an ornament for the day.

No comments: