Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend






Alright, it wasn't the most exciting weekend with camping or bbqs or hanging out with friends . . . Memorial day weekend was nicely spent with my family -with each other. After all this rain we were getting this week, begged Bobby to have us get out of town and  just drive and do some sight seeing!! (Something my mom and dad did when I was little. I just remember my mom saying, "we're going around the island") So we headed out, and headed to the coast. It was nice, blue skies, warm, satisfying to see the ocean, and literally a breath of fresh air!! We had lunch at Mo's and Bobby and Jadeline decided to play some hide and seek. The kids spotted the cows and horses, while we admired the incredible homes in the country.
    Well, this weekend also made Jadeline want to cook!! Yes, cook. So Saturday night, I taught her how to make rice, and we made fried rice. We chopped the leftover teriyaki meat, grated some carrots, beat some eggs, and Jade insisted to mix everything. She did well - and excited enough to insist in making Sunday nights rice.
    On another note, I picked up this iPoint  pencil sharpener from Costco. I finally broke down after having to sharpen all of Jadeline's colored pencils with a manual $2.00 mini pencil sharpener - you know the one thats 1"x 1" in size.  Anyhow, its the greatest thing!! It self sharpens and I'm done sharpening in minutes!! And showed Jadeline how to use it, so I'm done sharpening pencils!! what was i thinking not getting this!!

No comments: