Thursday, June 5, 2008

Godiva

Have you had one of those moments, where you instantly see yourself in your child's eyes? I experienced one of those moments today at Godiva. Growing up, my mom would be shopping at Liberty House (what is now Macy's) and she would buy my sisters and I a bar of Godiva - we were able to each choose our own bar. I can still remember how each piece tasted and how it savored and lingered in my mouth as it melted. And just knowing that it was good chocolate - better than the chocolate nestle bars mom would occasionally buy. 
While walking in the mall, Jadeline wanted chocolate. And she specifically pointed to the Godiva store when I said there wasn't a place to buy chocolate. (SO i fibbed a little given those bars are very expensive.) But all I could see was a picture of my mom having to buy 4 chocolate bars for my sisters and I. I sighed, and walked Jadeline straight to the Godiva store. I took a big breath, looked at Jadeline, (probably like how my mom looked at my sisters and I), pointed at the chocolate bars, and said, "choose one."
When we got home, Jadeline remembered that she still had 2 pieces left of her Godiva bar. I told her I ate it!! When in fact it was still in my purse. I could not believe that all of a sudden, she started tearing and whimpering softly . . my chocolate...my chocolate. All i could see in her red, wet and upset face was myself. Her love for good chocolate like her mother. I again sighed and smiled when she ate her last 2 pieces of chocolate. I looked at Bobby and said, "she is a Corpuz!" My mother would be proud. ;)

No comments: