Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back to School





My last child is heading to school! At first i was estatic, knowing that Jadeline would start school this year. You know, the piece and quiet, a time set in the morning just for me, .. simple peace and quiet. But today, Jadeline had her meet and greet with Mrs. Pruss. It was from 8:30 - 9:30am. One solid hour. But waiting for her drove me insane. It felt like a lifetime, watching the minutes go by and hearing the voice of Mrs. Pruss, "We'll meet outside by the flag post. . . " I don't know if its because this is the last time I'll experience this. The last time I'll be doing kindergarten. We won't have the moment again. . . 

When Jadeline came out, I KNOW I was happier to see her than she wanted to see me. (It was awfully to short of a time for her to see her mama again.). Yet i can't believe how much was accomplished in one hour. She wrote her name to check in, they went over rules of pushing her chair in, washing her hands after using the restroom, and having 'soft voice.' She said they played on the computer, Mrs. Pruss read her a book, and they talked about what singing does to you. All in an hour. 

The boys also have started school. Troy is already a month into high school as a freshman, and Ashton is in his last year of middle school. Wow, i have a child in 3 different schools. Phew!!

No comments: