Thursday, May 21, 2009

Brighton - charm braceletsi


I've been reading a few books, and coincidently a charm bracelet has been involved. Not exactly a big part of the story. But the idea that someone - normally the daughter would want when their mom or aunt died. Each charm of the bracelet had a story behind it. And it got me thinking. You see, I'm not a big jewelry person. I don't have anything 'antique-ish' - something i could past down to my kids or something they would want of mines. So i thought, for this to happen in case none of my children would want my sewing machine (grrr..), then I need to allow something to someday call an antique right? 

I went into the Brighton store with a friend to pick up her watch. A watch which was given to her from her mom - 10 years ago. A piece of watch that will someday be an antique, . . a watch which one of her daughters would want. So then i came across their charm bracelets, and saw this. (photo above). I contemplated, and contemplated. Even talked to Bobby about it which i later found out that his own mom has charm bracelets. Hmm.. am i the only one who doesn't have one? So I told Bobby that I don't want this bracelet, but that I NEED this bracelet. So I bought this bracelet.. And this is the beginning of a story for my charm bracelet. A charm bracelet that someday Jadeline will want -  hopefully.

No comments: