Monday, February 28, 2011

My HONEY


an understood lingo between my husband and I. .. "my honey".

We almost never call each other by our first names.. and when we do, it still shocks me because it doesn't sound right. In fact, when we do, we giggle, and we repeat ourselves and smile.

I personally haven't been able to call Bobby anything else. I never call him 'babe' because he's not a pig (i think of babe of that pink pig i grew up reading about - remember charlotte's web?), I don't use 'sweetheart' because i refer sweetheart to Troy, and 'sweetie' - i often refer to the kids.

Bobby is my honey. And its never just 'honey' but "my honey" - understood by both of us because in return I'm not just his honey, I'm also referred to as "my honey." I know its silly, even a bit crazy.. but I love it.

1 comment:

Jennifer P. said...

Jeannie,
I was just reading back through some post comments of mine from back in January and happened to come across yours. I realized I had never said thank you for reaching out to me like that. It was so appreciated. I treause my readers and look forward to the day when I'm slightly less busy and can spend some time returning the "blog loving". You are a beautiful woman and it looks like you're very happy. Plus, you live in Oregon which is the most gorgeous state ever :) !

Wishing you all the best,
~Jennifer P.